Rainbow Lorikeet Painting
Media: Acrylic on canvas
Size: 120 x 80 x 4cm | 48 x 31 inch
Private viewings of the original paintings are available by appointment
The rainbow lorikeet is a species of parrot found in Australia. It is common along the eastern seaboard, from northern Queensland to South Australia. Its habitat is rainforest, coastal bush and woodland areas. Rainbow lorikeets often travel together in pairs and occasionally respond to calls to fly as a flock, then disperse again into pairs. Rainbow lorikeet pairs defend their feeding and nesting areas aggressively against other rainbow lorikeets and other bird species. They chase off not only smaller birds such as the noisy miner and the little wattlebird, but also larger birds such as the Australian magpie. Rainbow lorikeets feed mainly on fruit, pollen and nectar, and possess a tongue adapted especially for their particular diet. The end of the tongue is equipped with a papillate appendage adapted to gathering pollen and nectar from flowers. Wikipedia
- Professional waterbased paint applied to an artist quality canvas.
- No need for a frame with gallery wrapped edges.
- Ready to hang from a plastic coated wire.
- The painting has a matt finish for perfect viewing from every angle.
- Signed by the artist Naomi Veitch.